Saturday, February 4, 2012

An Unexpected Blessing

God placed in front of me a task I knew was going to be hard. I wanted to run. I wanted to pretend it didn't exist. Yet, He told me it was my turn. My turn to step up to the plate. I told Him, I can't do this. I don't know how.

He reminded me that I can do ALL things through Him who strengthens me. This was an "All'" thing. It involved hospitals, nurses, and doctors. And it wasn't even for me.

He gave me the strength to take it one step at a time. Traveling to and from, accompanying my dearest mother to the appointment along with my dear Sister, coming home and caring for her.

He gave me the wisdom that I needed to help her feel better, the energy to serve, and His love to comfort her.

He allowed me the blessing of sharing time with my mother, the privilege of caring for the wonderful woman who has taken care of me for so many years.

He wanted to use me as a blessing yet I was blessed as well.

Thank you for entrusting me as I am learning to be more like You...

2 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I just saw this posting... so happy you were able to get through it and that you were able to be a blessing as well as be blessed!

Ms.Daisy said...

I was so blessed to have you as my nurse/helper along with your sister, Jillian who drove us even as she didn't really know where to go. I love you very much because you allowed God to direct your steps even though the way was really hard. Thank you so much.


Love,
Mama