Monday, April 18, 2011

Adventures in Dog Sitting: Day One

I have been seriously enforcing the no pet clause in my home for 12 years now. Well...Mr. Sugartunes has...ever since I gave up my beautiful black kitty named Mink all for the sake of love....


My children have TRIED and TRIED to convince us to have a pet; but alas they have been relagated to perusing the Pet Store daydreaming of which pet they would have if they could.


I broke down about 2 years ago and allowed Sandy the Hermit Crab to come home with my son. Wanting to rejoice in the "pet" we now had we had to go to the pet store. $70.00 later including a "friend" crab for Sandy we were pet owners. Sandy lasted two months/ his friend only one.


Back to my story. Yesterday, some dear friends called and asked us if we would come over and let their dog out two times a day. For some reason I thought why not let her just stay here?


For a week we are dog-sitting. She is a gentle sweet dog who loves kids and is actually known to my kids. My kids are over the moon. They can't give her enough attention. So much so that I believe she wishes she were at her home!


Dog-sitting day one....


If you look carefully...you can see the chink in my armor.

3 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Awwww.... love those kids! Don't worry your armor is pretty resilient!

Ms.Daisy said...

I don't know how you will get past this one since they now can attest to how well they cared for their neighbor's pet! Ut Oh! Crackle, clink, clunk!


Love,
MamaDaisy

Ms.Daisy said...

So, Mrs. Tuneful, where is the rest of the week's adventure with Le Pet??